Remembered fun



Ah how quickly I forget the things I enjoyed only a year ago. Fortunately I still have enough brain cells to dredge up the memories again. Last winter during our brief cold spell I discovered a county park with a wonderful walking trail. It was away from the strong ocean breezes and protected from the wind by thick foliage. This winter with our prolonged cold snap all I did was complain and stay away from the beach for much too long until I remembered that wonderful little park. So I headed out, it was a wonderfully sunny day but only 50ยบ and with a strong wind from the North a beach walk would have been uncomfortable. The park walk was delightful.

The first photo above gives you the feeling of intrigue as you start climbing up old dunes, then the heavily wooded area with a tree right in the middle of the path reminded me to watch where I was going. Sometimes I forget as I try to take in all that nature has to offer.

It was strange to see the skeletons of some unfortunate trees amongst all the thick foliage, but their rangy arms against the incredibly blue sky was intriguing. The best part of the day was the rediscovery of past joy, and the prospect of more of the same even on the coldest days.

Grateful to remember this fun, yes I am. Happy, you betcha! Life is good!

No comments: