Missed it!


I had every intention of being outside to see the last nighttime launch of the Shuttle at 4:15 a.m. I woke up a little early and was sure I'd be able to stay awake for 20 minutes. Next thing I knew I was being shaken out of my bed by the launch. Yes, even being 65 miles from Cape Canaveral we can feel the ground shake and hear the thunderous roar that only a shuttle can produce. I just get such a thrill at the wonder of it all. Since I didn't see it in person I had to go online to find the photos I'm sharing with you. One is NASA's photo the other a photo from the website of one of the local TV stations. Thanks for the images while I stayed warm and cozy in my bed.

At least I heard it and felt it even if I didn't get to see this nostalgic last nighttime launch. I certainly hate to see our shuttle program disappear. The science and advanced technology we have gotten from it, not to mention the thousands of local workers at the space center, is certainly going to be missed. However, I'm grateful to be able to share in these special moments for as long as they last and feel so lucky to feel the thunder in my heart as the thunder of the shuttle shakes the ground.

No comments: