Hazy morning

It has been a quite while since I've been to the beach in the morning and this morning it was almost 9 a.m. when I arrived. Much different from my summertime red-hot blistering sunrises, this was a silver-toned hazy day with a cool nip in the air from the Easterly winds blowing across the 50ยบ ocean. It was a different beach from what I've grown accustomed to and a pleasant change. I decided to enjoy it to the fullest since the weather prognosticators are calling for a cold front to arrive this afternoon with temps back in the 30s by Thursday. Drat!

Alas, the weather is the foremost topic of conversation around here as this has been a most unusually cold winter for us. We have cold snaps for sure, but never ones that last for months on end without a respite. If I ever get warm, I have promised to not complain about the heat this summer. Do you wonder if I'll be able to keep that promise? I'll let you know. In the meantime I'll just enjoy this last morning of hazy sunshine and hope for more of the same in the days ahead.

No comments: