Easter sunrise and barking dogs

It has been a long time since I managed a dawn walk on the beach but our weather has finally turned and with things to do later in the day I decided that today was the day to get back to the early morning routine which cold weather forced me to abandon. What a dawn it was. First just a glimpse of sun on the horizon, then full-blown brilliance.
Not only did I see many of the regular morning walkers that I've missed seeing over the winter but there were two Easter sunrise services taking place on the beach about a mile apart and I was treated to the strains of some lovely hymns along the way. I also have to admit that getting back to a routine is more than comfortable. Felt like putting on an old pair of shoes. But that's another story...

Unfortunately my old shoes finally fell apart and the new ones I was wearing today though comfortable in the store and around the house proved to be less than kind to my feet after a mile or so. I finally understood the old Southern expression "my dogs are barking" because by the time I got home, I was more than happy to let my poor dogs escape from those new shoes. Pleasures in small things like taking off some hurting shoes is what makes life grand.

No comments: