Storms at sea, threat of rain... unbelievable sights!

It looked so threatening outside that I almost didn't take my morning walk, fortunately I turned to my trusty computer and the weather radar indicated that the storms were well off shore so I headed out — with my umbrella, just in case.

My reward was just plain awesome! The sun was hiding inside the mouth of the monster storm at sea. It looked like part of the sky was on fire with a red, orange, gold and magenta maw opening up in a dark and turbulent animal of a storm with bumps and ridges of colors and textures.

I was mesmerized and unbelievably all alone. During my three and a half mile walk I saw not one other human being. No one else got to participate in the out-of-this-world magnificence of this dawn.
Not having a wide angle lens on my camera I can only give you bits and pieces. First the fire, then the tumult then the whole panorama as I tired to meld the two in my photo editing software. Doesn't give you the whole vista, nor the breeze in your face, nor the feeling associated with low pressure but it is the best I can do. Though I'm happy to have had the beach all to myself, I'm sorry not more people got to enjoy this. Mesmerizing!

By the way, the umbrella was for naught... not one drop of rain fell.

No comments: