Sensational Shuttle

It was just before dawn, still almost hard dark when the Shuttle Discovery lifted off from Cape Canaveral on Monday, April 5. I was on the beach with hundreds of others who got the thrill of seeing the launch. Amazing that I still get such pleasure at the sights, sounds and rumbling earth associated with shuttle launches. Oh how sad to think there are only three launches left before the program shuts down. I'll be sure to savor every one.

But today it was wonderful and reportedly NASA called this predawn launch "spectacular, picture-perfect and one of its most visually beautiful." I agree! The photo above is not one of mine, unfortunately. Imagine my disappointment when I downloaded 20 solid black images. So the above was taken from one of our local TV station's viewer photos. Thanks for sharing!
When the sun started to crest the horizon the disintegrating contrail picked up the colors of the spectrum and it was such an unusual sight. The other two photos I call "scrambled contrail" and are my own. A most exceptional sight indeed.
Believe me, I realize how lucky I am to be able to start my day in such a sensational way. Wow!

No comments: