Why, why, why?

One of my goals in this little blog was to not make it opinionated, not to discuss politics or religion, but to help find little things in life to be grateful for. Today I had a beach experience that just got my hackles up. For me the beach is peaceful, soul inspiring and rejuvenating in the pure rawness of the nature found there.
This morning it was verging on rain and the air was heavy with moisture, the sun was trying to break through the clouds and I love the sight of rain at sea and the sun shining behind the clouds making gold highlights on the tips of the waves as in the photo above. As I stopped to take the shot, a woman passed by talking on a cell phone, talking quite loudly in fact. I fell in behind her and was amused at how intent she was on her conversation. I'm sure that if her hands had been tied behind her back she would not have been able to say a word so demonstrative was she. I walked behind her for close to a half hour and gladly let her and her conversation go as I turned around and headed back north.
Pausing along the way to take another photo I heard the voice... she was back and still talking and gesturing. Hadn't missed a beat. I followed her again for another 25 or 30 minutes and she never stopped. She missed laughing with the laughing gulls, she missed the rain clouds rolling in, she missed the wonderful sounds and scents of the ocean. Why, oh why?
But I must remember... this is a "Grateful Blog" and I guess I'm grateful that while on her cell phone, she was passing me on the beach and not in her car passing me on the highway.

As an aside, the rain finally let loose. It started to pour. I had my umbrella. I wonder if her conversation got drowned out. Naw, probably not.

No comments: