Avian Aventures



Finally, back to the beach. I hate to admit I haven't been there since Monday but it has just been too windy and cold to make a beach walk enjoyable. Today things were different. It was in the upper 60s and the winds were only about 6 to 8 mph. Amazing though how quickly my stamina disappeared in those 6 days. Thankfully there were a lot of birds congregating to keep my mind off my huffing and puffing. It was almost like a bird convention. At one point there were gulls and terns of several varieties just hanging out socializing, fishing, fighting each other for food and just generally causing a ruckus.

I loved the regal looking Royal Tern who seems to be talking to the laughing gulls sitting on the sand. These lovely smallish gulls with their solid black heads and lovely gray jackets and white bellies make me laugh out loud just to hear them. If you want a chuckle listen to their call on the link below.

All in all there were avian delights everywhere and pure laughter from the likes of some gulls and this one human who laughed right along with them.

No comments: