Time warp

Lately, when it isn't raining, it's cloudy and cold but why am I complaining when at least we aren't getting deluged by one snow storm after another? Who knows, but today I just had to go out and walk on the beach — cold and cloudy or not. I bundled up... long johns, hat, gloves, heavy parka and I was all set. I was walking fast to generate some internal heat in the face of winds right out of the Northeast. I distractedly started humming "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day, when it's cold outside, I've got the month of May..." Thank you Temptations for reminding me that May is not all that far away. I needed that.

Then as a more visual reminder that this cold weather too will pass, I caught a glimpse of someone coming toward me on the beach. He was barefoot, and wearing shorts and t-shirt. Huh? Maybe he thinks May is already here. It almost made me feel like I was in a time warp. I was struck at my layers and layers of warm clothes as opposed to his definite lack there of. The dichotomy of the moment put a smile on my face and helped warm me right up.

The photo above is as grey and uninteresting as this day and unfortunately I was hesitant to take a picture of the barefoot guy on the beach. Ah well, he gave me sunshine on a cloudy day nonetheless.

No comments: