Unsullied journey


It was almost shorts weather today, but the wind picked up and the shorts which have been languishing in my dresser drawer since fall will have to languish a while longer. Instead, I took a drive around what we call the loop. It is a 30 mile stretch of scenic highway that takes you down little traveled roads lined with ancient forest, across rivers and along salt marshes. It is truly a breathtaking journey and one I get to enjoy over and over again. Lucky me!

I reveled in the sunshine, kept out of the brisk winds, and was again thankful that this lovely piece of ancient history has received designation as an historic scenic highway. Thus no burger joints or tourist traps (which certainly have their place) will be spotted along this little strip of unsullied Mother Nature. Lovely day and I know that spring is lurking out there somewhere... but I'm still waiting. So are my shorts and short sleeves.

No comments: