Almost spring...

Well, the spring breakers are here enjoying some sunshine and warm weather and I'm so glad we are able to provide it for them. The egret above is having a great time in the surf looking for food and the young men and women I saw relaxing on the beach are looking just to have fun.

I was surprised that there were so many young folks on the beach at 8:30 this morning. The sun was up, there was not a cloud in the sky and the gentle breeze from the south was warm and comfortable. Many of the spring breakers were stretched out on beach towels, a large group was playing beach volleyball and others were braving the still chilly surf. All appeared to be just having fun.

Ah-h-h to be young again, I thought, but on further delving into the proposition of whether I'd want to be young again, I think maybe not. I'm enjoying my maturity, glad I don't have to go through all the angst of growing up again, and certainly enjoying my retirement where I get to play all I want. On second thought, I might opt for a younger physical body, if I could keep the rest of wisdom that only years can provide. Um-m-m, now that's an enticing thought.

No comments: