Quest fulfilled

Last week I was thrilled to be able to capture an osprey flying in proximity to the quarter moon. Today, of course I noticed the full moon when I arrived at the beach and even though it was morning, the moon was definitely still quite visible. Then imagine my pounding heart when I saw my osprey. Could I possibly get a photo of the osprey with the moon again? Probably not but I certainly was going to try. After many attempts, it didn't happen. The osprey went on its way and I went on mine disappointed but grateful that I even had the opportunity to try and capture such a dramatic photo.

It was still a little chilly and not many people out and I enjoyed a very peaceful walk. Almost back to my starting point, I saw the osprey again flying right toward the moon. Was I in luck? Camera in hand I hit the shutter button as often as the camera would let me. Had I been successful in my quest? I thought so but couldn't be sure until I got home and downloaded the photos. Yes! The photo above was perfect. To say it made my day would be an understatement of gigantic proportions. Woo Hoo!

No comments: