Sandpiper shuffle



I'm not going to complain, whine a little maybe but here it is Spring and we still have clouds and cool temperatures. Our normal highs this time of year are the low 80s. Today it was 65 and mostly cloudy.

Whining all the way I went to the beach anyway and the first photo above is what I found. Heavy clouds and no sun but I trudged ahead enjoying the calm ocean and a peaceful walk.

As it turned out, I learned something interesting about sandpipers. I saw several lone sandpipers and wondered why I didn't have any photos of this interesting little long-legged, long-beaked bird. One was just standing at the edge of the surf as I approached. I stopped with my camera, he moved. I walked again, he stopped. I stopped... he moved. Well, no wonder I don't have any photos of sandpipers. The one in the center photo above is the best I could do. No close ups of these cute little guys. As long as I kept walking I could keep enjoying them. Maybe a movie camera someday to share with you.

As I turned and headed back to my starting point I was delighted to see that the clouds had dispersed and blue skies were visible again. Hope they stay around for a while.


No comments: