Kiteboarding fun


I've seen kiteboarders in the distance but only one or two at a time. It looked fascinating but more than that it looked like a lot of fun. Today there were five kiteboarders right in front of me at the beach. Wow! Fun doesn't even begin to describe what I saw. Those guys were moving fast over the surf, they were flying... literally. 

Imagine a snow board type apparatus on your feet and a 30-foot kite pulling you through the surf, or pulling you right straight up in the air. To say I was fascinated would be an understatement. I stood watching them mouth agape for a long time. A couple of photos adorn this post but they don't do the sport justice. 

Too bad no one had invented this activity 40 years ago when I would have been able to take part in the fun. For a minute it made me wish that I was 20 years old again, then I thought better of that idea... I'd only want to be 20 again if I could have the knowledge, experience and life lessons I now possess. Guess I'll just enjoy watching someone else getting their own board-acious thrills.

No comments: