Breakfast on the beach

Recent circumstances have made my daily beach walks impossible for the past week or so. I didn't realize how much I missed them... or how grumpy I could get without my daily commune with the natural beauty of the coast. This morning I was again invigorated and reminded that no matter what's going on in my life, I need to take advantage of the privileges offered me right in my backyard.

The gull having his breakfast on the beach spoke volumes and reminded me that I am fortunate enough to live where most people come for vacation. I too could have breakfast on the beach, though I don't think a dead and sandy fish would be on my menu. 

It seems too easy to get caught up in the chores, routines and obligations of our daily life and forget the fun things that are right around the corner. Like those who live in New York city who say they have never been to the Statue of Liberty. I say GO. If you live in Washington D.C. and haven't been to the Smithsonian... GO! If you want breakfast on the beach don't hesitate. Life is too short to miss out on opportunities — even the simple ones. The marketing folks at Nike said it right... Just do it! 

No comments: