Dreaming of flying


Have you ever dreamed that you can fly... all on your own, no help from a plane or manmade wings? I used to dream about flying, soaring over the landscape like a bird. I haven't flown in my dreams in years, but have lately been having a flying-dream discussion with a friend who has been enjoying her nocturnal soaring.

It was beautiful today on the beach, though chilly, the skies were a striking blue, a few scattered clouds just seemed to be there for decoration, and my osprey was enjoying a tranquil flight. Kind of like an afternoon stroll in the park. She was not searching for food, just enjoying a peaceful soar as I was enjoying my walk. (And I barely got her in the frame of my second photo.) Watching her flight made me once again envy her ability to take wing at will. Ah well, maybe in my dreams.

No comments: