Decisions, decisions

Until this day, I had always thought that one of the most uncomfortable things is taking a long beach walk wearing wet shoes and socks. What changed my mind was this unusual day. It was hot enough to wear shorts but it was also very windy — 20 mph winds gusting to 35. Thus was the problem created. It was blowing so hard that the sand being whipped at the back of my bare legs made it feel like I was being sand blasted. The simple solution was to walk in the edge of the water. No blowing sand... but wet shoes. What should I do?

Why not just take off my shoes and walk barefooted in the water, you ask? I thought about it but there is my currently broken little toe that is having a hard time healing, and a formerly broken foot caused by taking long walks barefooted in the sand... I just didn't want to go there again and opting out of my walk was not something I even considered.

Besides taking the above photo of this strange and interesting day with its huge contrasting puddles of sun and shadow, puffy fast-moving clouds and roaring sea (too bad I didn't have video to show you the blowing sand), I trudged along enjoying the time outside in squishy wet shoes and socks.

No comments: