Thank you Nike...


Here it was Thanksgiving morning, it was damp, cold, windy and not a ray of sunshine outside. My bed was warm, cozy and comfortable and the thought of going for my morning walk was not at all appealing. I was close to talking myself into staying right where I was. My rationale was bordering on brilliant... but that marketing genius from Nike crept into my brain. Just do it!

So, I just did it! I just got up from that warm place, put on some cozy, comfortable clothes and headed to the beach. After bucking headwinds for a while, I began to feel exhilarated. The early walkers were cheerful, a few Happy Thanksgiving greetings were exchanged, and those intrepid surfers were out in force. Gloomy as the skies were, the surfers were having a wonderful ride.

What a pleasure to be outside enjoying the beach. Thank you Nike pitchman. You have brought me lots of joy with your Just do it mantra.

No comments: