Renewed vigor

I haven't been on the beach at dawn for the past several days... I didn't realize how much I really enjoy the early morning. What with high tide, morning obligations, and some dreary weather I relegated my beach walks to midday or like yesterday not at all! This morning however, the sun was expected and even though a full moon made for an extra-high tide... dawn on the beach was invigorating. There were layers of different kinds clouds, jet contrails and shore birds searching for their sustenance. I was invigorated to say the least.

So what's the lesson here? As hard as I try to relish each little bit of my wonderful life, I too get complacent. So when I stop to "smell the roses..." I'll be sure to take in all the subtleties of the scent. I'll also enjoy my walks, morning, noon or night... but morning most of all.

No comments: