Remembering Maine

Throughout my teens and early 20s my family and I spent our summers living on the coast of Maine. Today along the coast of Florida I was transported back 45+ years to that idyllic time of my life. I don't know if it was the sailboat enjoying a day on the sea that triggered the memories because of all the time I spent sailing, or if it was the low humidity and bright skies, or the coolness of the wind picking up the cold ocean temperature.

I know Thomas Wolfe was correct in saying that you can't go home again, and I'll try not to be sad for losing what once was. Instead, today I certainly enjoyed many, many memories of special friends, special times and special events along the beautiful and rugged Maine coast. What a remarkable time that was in my life. How lucky I was to be a part of it all.

No comments: