Looking skyward

There was not one drop of rain but the clouds, which looked formidable at first, proved to be fascinating to the utmost. My gaze was skyward every step of my walk. I took many many photos but will share only a few with you here. This first, looking east, is what I saw when arriving at the beach. Ominous.
Looking south (below) there was a hint of blue mixed into the black, gray and white. The sheer size and weight of these behemoths was intriguing.

Looking north the heaviness seemed to be dissipating and the movement of these clouds caught my attention. Still not one drop of rain.

Finally, looking overhead I caught a donut hole of blue. It wan't too much longer before the hole opened up and we had mostly blue skies for the rest of the afternoon.

Florida weather... go figure. At least temperatures were in the 70s and I enjoyed some extraordinary clouds.

No comments: