Sand and stars greetings for 2011

The beach today was crowded with what I call New Year's Resolution-ers. You know those people who are going to go on a diet or exercise more. There were many more people than usual and most were locals (you can tell them from the vacationers.) Cynic that I am, I give the resolutioners about 6 weeks then it will be just us regulars again.

However, it was a beautiful day and nice to be greeted by friends and strangers alike with cheerful "Happy New Year" wishes. So I just had to create one of my own for all of you. Here is my wish for you set in sand with stars... starfish that is. (Yes, there was an unusual number of starfish on the beach today.)

Am I the only one who sees the optical illusion. Sometimes the letters look raised, sometimes they look just like what they are, scooped out with a sea shell. Intriguing.

No comments: