View from the bridge


I am one of those people who live on a barrier island and will find any excuse to avoid going over to the mainland. However, today the view from the top of the bridge was so spectacular that I had to share it with you. We are looking south.

Our tall bridge was completed in 1982, before that we had a drawbridge. (To put things into perspective, when my Dad was growing up here you crossed the river on a footbridge.) I know bridges need to have some give, but standing at the top of the crest I could feel the bridge shake beneath my feet. Lovely view or not, I certainly was thankful to get back on solid ground, and back to the beach.

There I found the same sky stock full of jet contrails. Wondering where all those people were going made me even more grateful to be enjoying the peace and quiet of a walk on the sand.

No comments: