Treed

What a morning it has been! After taking the trash to the curb I left the garage door open for an expected service call when I noticed a HUGE raccoon walking across my driveway. I phoned my animal loving neighbor as she was about to phone me to say that one of the neighborhood cats was in my garage.

That's when the drama began. As we watched, the cat chased the raccoon up a tree, then the raccoon fell out of the tree and literally knocked himself out on my concrete driveway. My neighbor and I were beside ourselves with worry over the raccoon who was having a great deal of trouble trying to orient himself and shake off the effects of the fall. Finally he managed to stay upright long enough to flee up the tallest pine tree in my yard. That was two hours ago. He's still there.

Though they are nocturnal creatures, I'm hoping he will eventually feel safe enough to come down and head back to his home, which I'm thinking may be the relative peace and quiet of the nearby golf course.

Of course I had to grab my camera and share. What a way to start the day!

No comments: