Thanks 2010

Thanks to all my blog supporters for coming to visit my little slice of life throughout 2010. I hope you'll be back to visit often in 2011 and share this spot with your friends if you think it is worthy.

The beach today was wonderful. I almost didn't go but when my first glimpse was of a delighted child feeding the gulls... I was hooked. Yep, this was the place to be for an hour or so to renew my energy. Too much holiday, too much food, too little sleep all washed away with the waves and sea breezes.

I almost felt like this little tern, just sitting in the sand enjoying the warmth of the sun. It was as if he was saying to his departing feathered friends... "you guys go ahead, I'll just sit here for a while."
But things were not dreary back at home either. A neighbor's kids had watched a butterfly hatch from its cocoon just before they went on a holiday trip. I was given the task to butterfly sit until it felt like taking wing.

And a hibiscus flower survived the latest freeze to make a colorful showing for the new year ahead. All of these things I count as good omens for 2011.
Happy New Year to all.


No comments: