As far as I got

This photo is my beach approach. It's the beach entrance closest to my house and the one I use 99.9% of the time. Today this was as far as I got.

Winter storms dumping snow up the east coast, record setting cold in Florida and even though the sun came out, the wind didn't abate and the temperatures were barely out of the 30s. Much too cold for a Floridian whose blood has thinned out to the point of being almost reptilian. Br-r-r-r.

I am grateful though that I'm not having to deal with shoveling snow, power outages, traffic tie ups or sleeping in airport terminals. I'm sorry for all the vacationers who came to Florida to get warm. But this won't last and by week's end we are supposed to be back in the 70s again. I'll post some warmer beach photos then.

In the meantime, if you are cold... stay warm. If you are being deluged with rain... stay dry; and if you are surrounded by snow enjoy it for me, because that's as close as I want to be.

No comments: