Backyard pond!


Rain, rain go away... though I'm not supposed to complain about rain since we have been running a deficit for a couple of years, we are now approaching too much of a good thing! It started raining Monday, it is now Wednesday and forecasters say this rain-producing low will stay here until Friday. I really miss my sunshine, I miss my walks on the beach and I miss the typical Florida weather which changes every 5 minutes. Four or five days and nights of solid rain is just no fun! Add to that the wind which has sent branches everywhere and it sets up a perfect scenario for me to be able to complain.

The good news I suppose, is that I now have a pond in my backyard. Waterfront property is a premium, right? It was such a surprise when I came home this afternoon, looked out my back windows and saw my pond! One friend said it was so lovely, tropical and sultry like old Florida that I ought to sell lots! Ha! 

At least rainy days make it possible to stay inside and do those dreaded chores like clean out closets, cabinets and drawers which is so hard for me to do when the beautiful and sunny outdoors is calling. Though I could just sit in my Florida room and enjoy the pond!

No comments: