A tribute to Sunny

One of the reasons I started this blog stemmed from my Grateful Log which, if you read the sidebar, you will see I began at an emotionally tough time in my life. Finding things to be grateful for took some work in those days, and then it became easy. Unfortunately, once again it is a daunting task because I have lost my sweet kitty cat, Sunny, to crf - chronic renal failure. I know I am grateful that I was blessed to have such a gentle and sweet cat be part of my life for 12 years. I am grateful that giving him daily subcutaneous fluids for the past 9 months turned us into real buddies. The grateful list is indeed long and full of sweet memories, and it makes me cry. I promised him I wouldn't let him suffer and I held true to my promise. He was purring as he died in my arms and for that I am both grateful and so very sad. Rest well sweet Sunny. I will miss you beyond all imagining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you'll miss Sunny. For animal lovers, our pets are like our children. It's so hard to say good-bye to someone we spend each and every day with. Our pets are our most loyal friends. I also will remember Sunny fondly. RIP, Sunny.