No deer... oh dear!

I was walking down this lovely dirt road called old Beach Road which, according to the historical marker, looks the same as when it was constructed in 1880. It leads to an old sugar plantation and what was once a large and functioning sugar mill. What a surprise when on the road not 15 yards ahead of me a deer appeared out of the woods on the left. She stopped and looked at me, I reached for my camera, and of course in a blink of the eye she was gone! I lowered my camera and lo and behold another deer came right behind the first. Being slow on the camera, I missed her too! Drat! I sprinted (well, imagine what a 60+ person looks like sprinting and call it what you will) ahead to see if I could capture them in the woods. Nope! Then my camera's batteries died and so photos of the sugar mill ruins will have to wait for another day. Drat again! Maybe when I return I'll have another deer day... one with actual photos. Shareable photo or not... I do have a mental picture and it was quite surprise and a thrill. 

No comments: