Westward sights

As you well know most of my photos are taken early in the morning looking east, however the other day I was doing some errands in the afternoon and in glancing westward sighted an incredible tower of white billowing cloud against a brilliant blue sky. The only camera available was my cell phone so this will have to do. I thought it was stunning standing there all alone as it was.

Memories came flooding back of a time years ago when I was learning to fly, my instructor made sure I didn't get too close to monsters like this. We skirted the edge of one on a flight one afternoon and that was enough to make me realize that as majestic as it looks, monsters like this are like hitting a brick wall in a small plane and will shake you up like a bee in a bottle. Think I'll just look, thank you, and enjoy a long lost memory.

No comments: