Surprising reflection

Walking on the beach always gives me time for reflecting on problems and issues and on life in general. I get a great deal of enjoyment from watching the birds, crabs and other wildlife and a sense of being part of this unique planet. I particularly enjoy the ocean in her many moods and the clouds that are ever changing and unique every time I open my eyes and take it all in.

This photo was such a wonderful surprise when I got home and opened it on the computer. I was taking a photo of the night heron as it purposefully hunted for a crab. What I got was a not very good photo of a night heron but an astoundingly interesting shot of the clouds reflected in the wet sand.

It seems that at times we are so concentrated on the one thing that we miss the overall picture. (The old "forest for the trees" syndrome.) Surprising reflections appear when we get a chance to step back and see the whole scheme of things. True here, true of life itself.

No comments: