Beach gnome

To keep up with an old German tradition I have a gnome in my garden who is supposed to help get things done at night. Humpf.

What a delight then when I saw a gnome on the beach this morning, a hand-crafted sand gnome at that. Unfortunately he had lost his face and one ear but resting as he was with legs crossed and his arms crossed over his tummy was really cute. I just had to chuckle and of course snap a couple of photos so I could share him with you. He was quite large, perhaps 5 to 6 feet long and expertly crafted. Too bad his face fell... (I know all about that with the sands of time running as they are.)
Uh-oh, the metaphors could get dicey if I succumb to it but suffice it to say this gives new meaning to the term losing face. But at least I still had a mouth that could turn up at the corners in a grin. Lucky me, that's just what this gnome made me do.

No comments: