Coral Condo

Dead low tide this morning and there are always unusual finds along the beach. I saw this bright pink object and thought it must be manmade since the color was so vivid. It looked like something that you'd put in a small aquarium as entertainment for the fish. When I picked it up I realized that it was not plastic... it was a coral condominium for little sea creatures. I can't find anything like it on the Internet and I'm not positive what it is. I do know that some sort of critter lived there and it was apparently attached to a reef at one point in its life. Interesting. If you know what it is, let me know.

With all the beach-front condominiums here in Florida, well along any coastline actually... I wonder if this is where the original idea came from. Mother Nature beat us to it with this cute and colorful little coral condo.

No comments: