Shell seeker


You can always tell who the tourists are as they walk along the beach picking up and bagging sea shells as they go. We've all done it. Living on the beach I am no longer a shell seeker but this morning I happened to look down and saw this darling little peppermint shell and just had to pick it up. The way it was tucked into the sand my first thought was that it was an actual peppermint. You know, one of those pink candies with the white swirls. I'm happy it was a shell and unlike any in my collection that adorns the window sill in the kitchen.

There I have a very special and small assortment of unique beach findings. There's a whole sand dollar that I found... it has been years since I've seen one that's not broken. There are a couple of star fish, a lovely dark blue shell, one called a Florida auger, one called a sharks eye and now my peppermint shell which is actually a calico scallop. The first photo above shows the lovely colors, the second just to put things into perspective for you.

No comments: