Stunningly hot

The sunrise this morning was stunning. Unfortunately the photo doesn't let you know how hot the air was. Sultry, reminiscent of a sauna is the best way I can describe it.

Before I head out for my walks each day I check a wonderful weather website (http://www.wunderground.com) to see what's in store. This morning at 6:15 it was 83º and 98% humidity making the heat index 89º and that was even before the sun was up. Phew! In enjoyed my walk nonetheless and particularly enjoyed the intricate nuances of the massive clouds lined up offshore.

Whenever our Florida summers get too hot to bear, I just remind myself that even though most of the summer is better spent inside in the air conditioning, in the winter I don't have to shovel snow and spend time inside trying to stay warm. That suits me just fine.

No comments: