I love you Bill...

Yesterday hurricane Bill passed far off the coast of Florida, fortunately. No damaging wind or rain but we got the kind of waves that surfers dream about. Everywhere you looked there were young men and women headed to the beach with their boards. Well, there were some old men and women scattered into the mix too. As my 55+ neighbor said, "once a surfer... "

This morning I took this dawn photo of one lone guy headed out to see if the fun was still there. The waves were pretty much diminished but the talk of Bill's day of exhilaration continued at the beach approach. Of course it brought a song to my mind and out through my lips. It's a good song but it's looking like I may hang on to it for a while, whether I want to or not.

If these young surfers were around during the time of The 5th Dimension they may also be singing The Wedding Bell Blues... "I love you Bill." Check out the link below to put yourself in a time warp.

No comments: