Sunrise dazzlers




Arriving at the beach I thought the sunrise was interesting though not spectacular. See top photo. Some nice magenta tones hiding behind some streaky dark gray clouds. A nice way to start the day in any case.

The dazzle came a little later when the clouds in the northern sky picked up the magentas of the rising sun. Wow... now that's a pink cloud, no doubt about it. See second photo. Nature's paint box is certainly full, always interesting and rarely the same. However, my delight really came after glancing westward and catching sight of the full moon in the middle of a clear sky with contrasting clouds acting like bookends. Gray skies on one side pink on the other. What a picture.

No matter which way I looked I was stunned by the colors and the contrast. So, are you thinking what was happening to the south? All I can say is that it looked very strange. I apologize for the last photo above not being of good quality but the dark and threatening clouds had these strange pink cone-shaped blobs hanging near the horizon. The thick, thick dark clouds were impervious to the sun's magenta hues except for those few little patches. Interesting.

North, south, east or west... I was given an entirely different perspective on the day, um-m-m maybe there's a lesson to be learned in that, you think?


No comments: