Far Pavilions


What an astoundingly beautiful and intricate sand castle I discovered this morning on the beach! It brought to mind exotic locales, intrigue and mysterious liaisons. I can't imagine the time this castle builder spent. I certainly hope he or she was transported away on a mental magic carpet during what is evidently intense labor.

This exotic look transported me back to a wonderful book I read about 30 years ago... Far Pavilions by M. M. Kaye. I haven't thought of this amazing story for years but I remember it as being one of my favorite books. Set in the Himalayas it is a big fat saga where the panoramas are as important as any of the characters. It was exciting, passionate and I remember hating that it ended.

It's amazing and delightful how one sand castle can evoke such memories. I suppose with all these exotic thoughts renewed I'm going to have to find a copy of that book and hopefully be thrilled once again.

No comments: