Seaside art

Having made drip castles as a child or simply upturned buckets of sand surrounded by a moat, I am amazed and intrigued by the imagination that's often on display on our beach. One particular youngster (I was told by spectators that she was in her mid-teens and toiled for hours) left these wonderful creations in sand. I so enjoyed them I had to share. 
The first is a family of critters with looks on their faces that let us know how they feel about having the rest of their bodies trapped in the sand. Quite expressive and made me grin. I especially liked the whale emerging from the sand behind them.
Of course the turtle and her nest of eggs appealed to me in a very special and wonderful way. You know how I feel about our sea turtles.
Another mom, this time a dolphin with her young'un, can be seen behind the turtle mom. 
I loved admiring this young artist in the making. Hopefully she will continue to hone her skills and not lose her talent in the everyday chores of just plain living.

No comments: