December 1... already!

It's hard to believe this year will soon to be coming to an end. I'm going to have to do some looking back and putting things into place to figure out what I missed.
One thing I missed today was my beach walk. It was a little chilly, the wind was blowing, the sun was hiding and by the time I was moving it was high tide. I tried to slog through the sand and 15-mph headwinds but decided it was just a lot of hard work. With a head slap I remembered that in the winter I enjoy the park just north of here with walking trails over the dunes between the ocean and the river. Off I went.
Not only was it a lovely walk blocked from the winds, but I was greeted with beautiful nandina bushes. The vibrant green leaves and bright red berries bolstered my Christmas spirit and I was humming Christmas carols by the time I finished. It turned out to be a wonderful walk after all.
♪♫ "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." ♪♫ ♪♫ 

No comments: