Giving thanks

Over the Thanksgiving weekend we are often reminded of all the things we have to be thankful for. Even if it's just a roof over our head and hot and cold running water, the majority of us are very lucky.
I was silently whining when some of the local farmer's market vendors did not show up on the Friday following Thanksgiving and my favorite vendor was about 30 minutes late. However, if he had been on time I would have missed this spectacular look at the sun (above). The unfortunate part of the whole scenario was that I only had my cell phone camera. So there's a crummy shot of a spectacular sky.
I missed one day at the beach but happened to get there late in the afternoon Saturday. Families were mostly packed up and gone for the day but the few hangers-on were enjoying this peaceful time. 
Everything was winding down, shadows were long but the sun was still making a showing in the clouds above. It feels very different at the beach in the afternoon — somehow more serene. I suppose there is simply less anticipation of the day ahead and more reflection on the day we just traversed.
A late day osprey was searching for its evening meal. Everything was beautiful and serene. I was indeed thankful.

No comments: