Hello again!

It's been a while but I'm here again, at last. We had several days of rain, then a couple of days of high tides during prime walking times and, well... just lots of idle excuses.
Today I managed to make it to the beach only to be greeted by more seaweed (See Back to Normal post on Nov. 19th.) The Sargasso Sea again made a huge deposit on our shoreline just as last month's accumulation had begun to disappear. It's stinky and unsightly but that's Mother Nature for you. Not always pretty.
We're expecting a cold front later today and though at first there was not a cloud in the eastern skies, to the west... there definitely was something afoot.
As the day grew towards evening, the front was beginning to affect the eastern skies as well, but made a lovely close to a lovely, and warm, December day.
I enjoyed my late afternoon stroll and picture taking and laughed when I got home and saw that I had taken a couple of self portraits. 
The long shadows were a surprise and a delight. Kind of like Where's Waldo. This final shot was one of a brave swimmer in the 64ยบ surf. Can't see him but there I am, long and tall in the corner. Fun!

No comments: