Idyllic Sunday

Regrettably, I haven't been on this blog for a while, but I've been to the beach daily recharging my soul. 
This morning I noticed that many birds were out enjoying this partly cloudy yet perfectly temperate day. 
This fisherman was enjoying his chores while the two egrets in the foreground were waiting for free handouts. A nice day to be fishing. Oh I do wish you could hear the surf, the cry of seagulls and feel the sun on your skin cooled by the refreshing breeze. Heavenly.
The ospreys were out in force today too. I don't remember seeing so many at one time and I believe there were as many as six in the skies at once. Four of them were much smaller than the other two, so with a little anthropomorphism thrown in, I'm thinking families out for a Sunday morning fishing expedition.
The clouds were strange and lovely, dark to the south, heavy and white to the north and west. (The tiny speck in the photo above is an osprey.)
So, am I grateful to be here? You betcha!

No comments: