Sandy society

Yesterday I took my beach walk about five miles north of here. Different and interesting but for some reason the unfamiliar didn't satisfy. Today I was back to my regular patch beach and felt better being in the comfort of the familiar. I realized too that I have a little social network of people I connect with daily.

This familiar sight with my fisherman friend, whose name is the same as my Dad's, was refreshing in the anticipation of conversation about his latest catch, tides, winds, etc. Later I ran into another beach pal who had just gotten an e-reader at my suggestion and was happy with the little device.

So besides fresh air, beach wildlife, tides, sand and wind, for me there is also the comfort of a little human society. Interesting, who'd a thunk it.


No comments: