Monday, Monday

What a day! How wonderful to be retired and not have to start a work week on that dreaded Monday.

Being a golf fanatic, I arose early to watch the final round of the Ryder Cup golf tournament from Wales. The USA team didn't win but beyond all odds they made a great showing and the thrills came hard, fast and often. I was cheering, fist pumping and having a great time. The tournament was over about 11 a.m. and then I thought — now what?

Since I missed my morning beach walk because of the golf, I decided to make a picnic, take my book and beach chair and head to the beach. Instead of my power walk with walking shoes, shorts and t-shirt, I was in my bathing suit and enjoyed a leisurely stroll barefoot at water's edge. I took in the clear blue sky and a hunting osprey.(See above.) The waves were wonderful and rolling, the sights, sounds and smells were all just delicious. It is only about 75ยบ and a nice breeze... well just perfect. I haven't enjoyed myself so much in a long, long time. I was happy, relaxed and not a care in the world. Wish I could bottle it. I can of course share the song that whisked through my head and out my lips.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky one!!! How I wish I could have been lazing around with you on that beach instead of spending my day with the drudgery of work! Enjoy!

Leigh Ann