Oh what a day!

This morning was truly special for me and particularly for one young man from Georgia.

The rising sun was stunning, the air was comfortable with a gentle breeze, the sea was calm and it was so very peaceful. Then I saw a young man in shorts, running ankle deep at the edge of the surf and laughing like a kid. I was totally taken aback. Then the young man ran up to an older woman and gave her a hug before heading back to the surf.

I guess I was standing there with my mouth hanging open because the older woman said to me, "that's my 22-year-old grandson and this is the first time in his life to see the ocean." The young man's sister was there as well but she'd been to the beach in the past. She was the epitome of decorum, he was the definition of exuberance.

How could I resist this photo of the young man bending to dig in the sand for the first time with his sister documenting the act. Add to that the sun rising in the background and you've got a truly amazing start to the day for all.

Once again I was reminded of how lucky I am. Oh yes, I truly am blessed to be able to start each day right here on the beach surrounded by some of the Earth's most astonishing natural scenery.

No comments: