Sand forest...

It has been years and years since I have played in the sand but I used to love to make drip castles on the beach. How delightful it was this morning when I came across this wonderful forest of drips that was so reminiscent of a forest of blue spruce trees.

Drip castles, or drip forests as in this case, are not all that easy to make. Your sand has to be just the right consistency and the process of dripping it through your fingers is a meticulous undertaking to say the least. This builder did a wonderful job. With a little imagination I could almost picture these drip trees standing in a forest tall and green and covered with new snow.

Maybe one of these days I'll go to the beach and once again try my hand at dripping sand. If so I'll save my efforts in a photograph and share it with you.

No comments: