Heaven-sent scent


One of the things folks complain about in Florida is that we don't have a real change of seasons. I beg to differ. Our seasons come and go and there is definitely a change, often a subtle distinction but if you are aware it's there. One of the unmistakable changes here in the spring comes first to the nose. Everywhere in the air is the delicious scent of both confederate jasmine and the even headier scent of gardenias. Yum-m-m-m.

I have a small gardenia bush in my yard that is just now beginning to show its buds but a friend of mine has two huge bushes taller than her house, that are literally loaded down with gardenias. Lucky for me she shares the blooms and my house is filled with the heavenly scent of gardenias. I find myself just breathing in the intoxicating fragrance. Um-m-m-m aroma therapy in its purest form plus these appealing white flowers are lovely to look at. Definitely something to add to my grateful list.

No comments: