Finally Fall


Does the dawn look any cooler? Can you see the crispness in the air? Well, I am sorry the cool sensation can't be shared but locally we certainly can feel it and it feels wonderful! One of my beach buddies did a little Fall happy dance in the sand as our morning temperature was a refreshing 66 degrees. A delightful change from the low 80s we have been experiencing at dawn with a climb into the 90s. This morning I even had to drag out a long-sleeved shirt.

Not only was it a wonderful sunrise, I also got to watch my osprey search for breakfast. Can you see the tiny inverted "V" in the sky in the second photo? She made two dives into the surf before she triumphantly flew away with a fish firmly in her talons. A glorious start to a fabulous day. Maybe our oppressive summer is finally over and October (my favorite month as far as the weather is concerned) can begin. No heat, no air conditioning just windows wide open and lots of fresh air flowing. Hurrah!

No comments: