Oleander Ka-bloom


For some reason unbeknownst to me, the flowering plants in my yard have exploded with bloom this year. Both of my Ligustrums (better known as a privet hedge — and to be honest I like the name better) were weighted down with blooms and the scent from the one over my patio was so heavy that it sent me inside one day.
My poor old pink oleander has just been giving me minimal blooms since I planted it about 12 years ago. Lovely but nothing to write home about, until this year. It is so weighted down with blooms that its branches are practically dragging on the ground. Normally it is taller than my house (when I planted it 'twas barely knee high) but now the bloom-laden hanging limbs are about knee high.

I'm sharing some photos of the oleander's pink loveliness here.

But wait till you see my gardenias! Better yet, you should smell them. Yum-m-m-m-m! They also are dragging the ground. I have picked blooms, given away blooms, have my house filled with bowls of floating gardenia blooms and still they come.

Ah, I just love the sights and scents spring!

No comments: